Saturday 23 August 2014

Dead on Film Festival 2014


So once again The Rio Theatre's Dead on Film Festival, featuring short films where someone has to die, has come to pass. Well one of the people to die was me, in the short film Dangerous Waves! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get there in time to see it since it was the second film to be shown, but I saw it today and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.


Now enough gushing about what I was in and on to the other shorts. This year's winner was a psychotic Saturday morning inspired short called SLAM made by Luchagore Productions giving them the Zoscar two years in a row. It was an excellent blend of gore and giggles with some evil clowns thrown in for good measure. The two other films that really stood out from the rest of the pack were Moloch, featuring a beastly birth that impressed with it's well done practical fx. The other was M is for Montage, one of the submissions for ABCs of Death 2, which was like an 80s montage of murder excellently executed. 

This year the show was hosted by the lovely, but deadly Little Miss Risk who I would have loved to have seen more of throughout the evening. I would have thought we'd be treated to some of her burlesque dancing while the votes were tallied since that's how things went down last year. Aside from that little lack of a dancing distraction, this year's Dead on Film left me looking forward to next year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment