Tuesday 1 November 2011

Dia De Los Muertos (or Halloween Hangover)

The Fruits of my labour. Next time it will actually have
decorations, but give me a break this is my first time
 making the bread of the dead. Actually my first time making
 bread period.
Yes I wish Halloween could linger for days like the pumpkin smears on the streets do, but alas it is a one night only event. However wanting to prolong the traditions today I decided to make Pan De Muerto in honour of Dia De Los Muertos, Day of the Dead for those lacking in Spanish skills. And no not the tragic "remake" of George's film, but the actual holiday in Mexico honouring the deceased.

Speaking of the dead, I recently watched a youtube video called Dead Tide. It is the first instalment of a zombie series created by a youtuber (is that the correct term?) Who goes by Iaintalks. Overall definitely good for youtube fare, although I laughed when the character "Brian" started complaining about "those kids on the beach". Really Brian? Can you call your peers kids? Nevertheless an entertaining first endeavour into the world of the zombie from a budding film maker. If you want to take a looksie click the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0lqpE2gvk&feature=feedu

1 comment: